When the sun is shining and it is a beautiful day the last thing I feel like doing is spending hours in the kitchen making a heavy meal. That’s where The Best Kale Salad Recipe comes in.
This salad is made of only four ingredients, which you may already have in your house or you can easily pick up at one location.
We consciously try to eat local and seasonal foods as much as possible. Living on a fertile island that was self-sufficient in the 1970’s makes it pretty easy to do during the summer months.
Our plates are usually packed with seasonal vegetables, eaten both raw and cooked. The Best Kale Salad Recipe has been a salad that we have been enjoying this summer. Not only does it taste amazing but it is unbelievably simple to make.
I have one daughter who loves her salads to be “leaf free.” When I make a salad of chopped up vegetables and leave out the spinach, arugula, or romaine leaves, she usually asks for seconds.
When I made this kale salad, I couldn’t believe when she declared that this was “The best kale salad ever! Actually, she said it was the “best salad ever.” This is a huge compliment.
You may be surprised by the simple ingredients but don’t be fooled. This salad delivers a big punch of flavour and is a great accompaniment to a chilled Mor’Rockin Spiced Salmon or with a side of Nan’s Chive and Parsley Potato Salad .
Kale is out in abundance right now and this is a great way to get some of the amazing health benefits. We also enjoy it sauteed in the morning with eggs, or mixed with Romaine lettuce for a nice dinner salad.
I challenge you to serve it for dinner one night this week. I am sure you kids will love it, as mine do.
The Best Kale Salad Recipe
2 heads of Lacitano kale
1 large shallot, diced
1 large lemon
1/4 cup of olive oil
- Wash, dry and de-stem the kale. To de-stem the kale, place one hand at the base of the stem and take the other hand and make a loose fist just above the first hand. While holding the base, run your top hand up the stem of the kale taking the leaf off. Repeat for all leaves of kale.
- Chop the kale into bite-sized pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- Pour half of the olive oil onto the kale and then use your hands to “massage” the kale. You’ll feel the leaves breaking up and become softer and more pliable. Continue for around 6 minutes.
- Add the diced shallot to the bowl and squeeze the lemon into the bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge for up to two hours.
Bring your family up to the next level by implementing a five-day meal plan and recipes. Meal planning may not be glamorous but it is a secret weapon that Hollywood action heroes, professional fighters, fitness models and bodybuilding champions use to make their goals easier and their results predictable… check out your FREE guide here.